Re: [Harp-L] Re: Tone Gear Grail blah blah blah

On Apr 1, 2009, at 6:39 PM, Howard Chandler wrote:

Rick Davis wrote:
Fleeing the debate, eh? You didn't explain your odd views on pro players, hacks, and the "right equipment." Pretty feeble....

Ouch!

I have the answer guys. Here in s.w. Fla there is a sax player who gets all the radio play time and concert work. He is very commercial, has the right equipment, but doesn't have the chops. There are other better players. Ergo: he is a hack. I think the popularity of the term comes from people who have positions that they are unjustified filling. Like (for example) government hack.

smo-joe