  From: Ryan Hartt
  To: greg@xxxxxxxxxxx ; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2009 10:46 AM
  Subject: RE: [Harp-L] proper mic technique Newbie needs help

  Greg, If do what you say I do below I am certainly not conscious of it. I could be
  wrong but I would think the amount of compression gained by sealing the
  other holes would be pretty small. And I think it would be nearly impossible to cover every unplayed hole. My thumb just goes on the top holes because that it where it is most comfortable and I don't think I put that much of the harp against my cheek.

  Also regarding $100 mics. Yes the Blues Blasters and Shure 520DX, there are definitely better mics available, but for Abner's purpose of learning to play amplified harp they would do fine.
  Ryan