RE: [Harp-L] Re: putting my money where my mouth is - the importance of sealing the front of the harp

I just did a quick experiment. This may or may not be what you are doing Greg but I was able to replicate your two tones by doing the following:
I usually cup with my thumb over the top
holes, and yes when I take my thumb off the holes I hear a difference.
But when I put my thumb under the harp and move my thumb I get the same change in tone. It's not air coming out the the holes its air coming out of the
cup. By moving my thumb I was opening up my cup ever so slightly for that change in tone. For me the holes had nothing to do with it, but as I said perhaps you are doing something different and like they say if you dig it do it twice.
Hell who cares? We've both have great tone. I want to figure how Kim Wilson can play half the night one handed and still sound better then anyone else.
Ryan