Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci

So right....but this isn't the first time Jason's done something like  this.
His participation in Garry Hodgson's Habitat for Humanity Annual  show is
another of those rarely talked about things he does routinely. He  lets Garry do
any of the promos to get people to come out for it, hardly talking  about his
own and the Band's participation..which is enormous.  They have  to make a
special trip up NorthEast at his own expense and Jason always  stays over and
then talks to the 'kids' the next day about his own love for and  participation
in Habitat as a youngster.

He's developed a devoted following for this particular show who don't  talk
over the singing and playing, the acoustics are wonderful, so it ends up  being
one of the best ways to hear this band Live...and he does it for free! The
ticket sales are all for Habitat.

Those who know and love Jason know he'd take off and give you his very  thin
little black leather jacket to wear if you needed it...Butterfield  pins and
all ;) even if it left him freezing. I've known him to be this selfless  since
the first day we met.

For all of those constantly disparaging or gunning for him because of his
amazingly fast playing, it makes me wonder if they've ever bothered to really
listen to, look at or get to know the man himself, or ever heard him and the
band play Live....or sat and talked with him after a show....or heard just
what that 'fast playing' consists of?

  He'll now be embarrassed to hear himself written about with such  love and
praise.
I don't care. He deserves every bit of the kudos he's gotten for the  Houston
screening of Pocket Full of Soul and I'm damned sure the new Eclecto  Groove
album coming out on April 21st 'Done With the Devil' will be another  exciting
and innovative harp CD, as was 'Rocket No. 9'.  This time I'm  buying copies
for several friends and family before they sell out.

Way to go, Jason...and thanks Dave for bringing us this sweet anecdote  about
one of MY personal harp heroes and friends.  I'm excited for your  son's
Little League team...they'll be the coolest kids around with their new  sponsors.

Elizabeth

"Message: 9