RE: [Harp-L] Harp player for the Coral Reffer Band

Greg Fingers Taylor would be THE source to answer any questions you may
have about harmonica in Buffett's music.  If you can't get a hold of
him, Bob Boyd (of Texas Tide fame, and a member of this list) would
certainly be able to shed some light for you.  I noted that when Fingers
left the Coral Reefers for a few years, other harp players were
occasionally used, especially local guys for Buffet's live shows.  And
on the Buffett soundtrack album released a few years ago (I forget the
name of the movie--it was about a school science teacher [Buffett]
teaching the kids environmental awareness), Tom Ball (of our Harp-l
list, I believe) was playing some great harp on a few cuts.  Was it you,
Mr. Ball?

I may also be able to answer your query, as I was the harp player in a
Michigan based Buffett tribute act, AirMargaritaville, for ten years.  I
recently left for other projects, but still sit in (when they let me!)

Fingers has some great chops.  If you get comfortable with his style,
get a hold of Kenny Chesney's folks--as he's the next tropical-rock,
gulf and western guy that's gonna need a good harp player!  Hmmm.

Tom McGovern
Richmond, MI