[Harp-L] learning to appreciate HOWARD LEVY was video--"amazing grace"

I understand what many of you think and feel when you listen to
Howard. Sometime it takes the right tune for you to "get it".  I went
through a period where I couldn't stand John Coltrane. I lamented to
Howard that I didn't see what was so great about 'trane and he asked
if I had listened to a Love Supreme.  The answer was no, so Howard
promptly sent me his copy. That was the recording that did it for me.
I became a John Coltrane fan. To this day, I often listen to
Coltrane's middle period on a very regular basis. I still don't like
his later "monkey screaming" stuff but I enjoy all of his other stuff.

I have a very large collection of Howard's music. Much of it is
unreleased or can only be found on very obscure recordings. I'm
willing to send snippets of what I think will help you understand what
Howard is all about.  His original material is so beautiful and
lyrical and obviously has become the foundation of my style.

email me off list