To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 00:17
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harp on Cheek (was sealing front)

I agree with what Steve, Greg and others have written about this - the
seal at the front of the harp does make a big difference to amplified
sound.

It is also possible to seal against the left cheek (with right thumb
wrapped around the front of the harp to seal the right side).  I find
this much more comfortable and easier to move around although I would
probably get used to sealing against the right cheek eventually.

I don't seem to be alone in this: At least Kim Wilson and Walter
Horton appear to do it this way:

Walter Horton: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-S6Aza2p8
Kim Wilson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1nELTY6I5s

Jon