From: Mox GOWLAND <mox.g@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Seydel Concerto octave harp
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, April 9, 2009, 3:49 AM

Winslow Yerxa wrote :

>The Concerto is Seydel's version of the octave harp that uses
Knittlinger construction (where blow and draw reed are mounted side by side in
the same hole, with the holes divided into top and bottom halves, each with its
own blow-draw pair). The Hohner AutoValve is another model of this type. I have
several Auto Valves that I like to play, but I'd never really spent any time
with the Concerto until now.

My question(s)

according to harponline.de the Concerto Solo Octav in "C" starts - lowest note(s) on an
"E"
Does this mean that your "G" starts on a "B"?
If so, which octave ?
i.e. B1, B2, etc....

Re the Autovalve from Hohner, (according to the French cataloge) the lowest
key available is a "D"?
Once again, which octave ?
i.e. D3, D4, etc....

As to the layout , Richter, I assume, is it possable/convenient to play the
octaves seperately ?

Thanks in advance
Mox

http://www.youtube.com/user/hokumsheik ;