Re: [Harp-L] Mick's collectible harp amps

Mick Zaklan wries:
I don't know how
many times my old amps have quit on me in the middle of solos onstage.
Nothing more embarrassing.

Hmm, your mileage may vary. I gig with a 1959 White (Tweed Princeton) I've never ever had a problem with it. All I do is plug it in and play it. My old amplifier was a January of 1960 Fender Concert. It ate a grid resistor once and burned a fuse at a gig but that was it. I never had any trouble with my 1961 Blonde Bassman. I had a 1968 Super Reverb all I ever did with that amplifier was plug it in, it always worked. The White has hundreds and hundreds of hours on it. I bought it a rectifier tube once but the old one wasn't dead yet. Maybe you should go into product testing Mick? You seem to have the knack for finding the hidden problems in amplifiers. fjm