[Harp-L] choose new harp

The Suzuki BluesMaster is a great harp out of the box but the price is going
up all of the time.  The Special 20 is a good harp but do a squeeze box test
to make sure that all 20 reeds produce a clear, clean tone before you
purchase it.  I have several Special 20's.  They can be turned from reliable
standards into truly great harps by a skilled harp tech.  But don't leave
out the new Hohner BluesBender.  I have one of these little guys, in C, and
even though it is a Chinese harp, I was impressed for the price.  I think I
paid seventeen bucks for it and it plays fine.  It's not in the same league
with a Special 20 or a BluesMaster but it is easy to play, sounds fine (I
have jammed with it) and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  As a matter of
fact, for just a couple of bucks more you could buy a C and an A for the
price of one S20 or BM.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, Oklahoma