Subject: Re: [Harp-L] choose new harp/harponline.de

Is this the page you checked?  If you scroll down to the 4th item  on the
page, you'll see the Special 20 classic is listed at 25.50 euros. I  clicked
on English...then Blues Harps and then Hohner, to get to this  page:

_http://www.harponline.de/index.php?lang_id=en_GB&js=false&page=index_
(http://www.harponline.de/index.php?lang_id=en_GB&js=false&page=index) &

...and to answer another of your questions...here in the US, we aren't
allowed to play a harmonica unless purchasing it.  One must settle for  the
shop owner using a mechanical 'bellows' blowing into each hole to prove that
the note 'sounds' fine. If you play it, then you've bought yourself a
harmonica,  like it or not. If it still turns out to be mechanically defective..it
can  be returned to the factory, either through the Seller or directly, but
once  played, usually it's yours. I'v heard different variations from
friends in  other countries, so not sure how it works elsewhere.

You have to realize that even though it may seem expensive to you if you
don't have much money, it is a bonafide musical instrument...and compared to
any  other it's very cheap by comparison. What other musical instrument can
you buy  for anything close to this price?

You still have the option of looking on EBay. Many of us still shop for
bargains there. Of course it means you need to clean any purchases extremely
thoroughly, but you CAN sometimes get a really good purchase for a very good
 price.

Elizabeth

Message: 5