[Harp-L] Some questions for chromatic players

Hi Folks,

I just wanted to thank everybody for responding to my questions about the
chromatic harmonica.  Your posts were very helpful.  With your help and
advice I've decided to play the kazoo instead - just kidding.  In truth, all
of your posts helped me to make a couple of decisions about how to proceed
with my self directed study (there are no chromatic teachers around here).

I plan on buying one more 12 hole harp; probably a 270 Tenor (I'm real
temped to buy a Hard Bopper but there's o Tenor in this model).  I like the
270 I have now and I think I can work with this model and its performance
will sustain my learning curve without frustrating me.

I'm going to stick with Richard Martin's book and also get the Hal Leonard
Chromatic Harmonica Method; these should be good enough to get me into the
sight reading aspect as well as scale and arpeggio work.  I think I've been
looking to much for some magic book that will do the work for me - know what
I mean?

I'll let you all know how it's going down the line.  It should be
interesting reading; somebody like me learning to read music.

Thanks again everybody.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh