Re: Subject: [Harp-L] In New York until Thursday,any ideas?/ Jason Ricci

Nice to hear from you Elizabeth. I will be at the Jason Ricci gig Wednesday and hope to meet you. I will be at the Steve Guyer show tonite(Tuesday), also at Terra Blues. Thanks for the info and a big thanks to all of the Harp-l folk for responding to my original e-mail. A special thanks to Richard Hunter who suggested that I go to Lucille's in Times Square and was kind enough to contact Jon Paris for me.

I went down there last night and had a wonderful time listening to Jon and his excellent bassist and drummer. Jon got me onstage and we did a set of mostly Muddy Waters tunes. Then Jon took over the vocal mic again and I backed up on a few more tunes. The entire band was very kind, there were great people sitting in during the night and it was overall a very enjoyable experience. Jon has a regular Monday night at Lucille's so if you have a chance, go check him out.

Good luck all and thanks again,
Keith Dunn
http://www.myspace.com/keithdunnband

Elizabeth wrote:

Hey Keith!:

Long time no talk to :). Jason Ricci and New Blood will be playing Terra
Blues (Bleecker Street) on Wednesday night 4/22. For some reason it never
made it onto Harp-l's gig list. I'm sure a few harp-l'ers will be in
attendance (me included). I asked Jason last night if it was okay to post the
information here, so it's timely for you if you wanted to see him in
person. The band's new album 'Done with the Devil' is debuting 4/21. I just saw
them yesterday (Sunday) playing in Morristown, New Jersey for Garry
Hodgson's Annual Habitat for Humanity gig (to raise funds to send a crew to South
Carolina this summer). Quite a few harp-l'ers showed up, and he put on a
helluva show for us. Some of the songs were off the new album (getting rave
reviews), and definitely worth catching Live.

Regards,

Elizabeth

P.S. I just noticed another mention of Jason's gig here...and the idea
that Terra Blues gets crowded. Yes, that 'can' be true, but mostly towards
the front (at the Bar). Usually there are still places one can squeeze in.
And Jason starts fairly late and continues on until 2am or even
later....when sometimes only those diehard friends and fans of us are left....or those
either not working the next day or willing to forego sleep ;) Don't pass
up his show because of the off-chance the place will be too full...chances
are there'll be room and loads of people to meet and chat with in between
sets. Mention who you are and a harp-l guy to Jason and you'll have a friend
for life (if you haven't previously met).