Re: [Harp-L] music

I agree with Michael.

Charlie has turned me on to a few interesting musical performers/sounds. He
 sent me a transcription book of Chet Baker's scat solos. I got him
interested in  Miles Davis through the Elevator to the Gallows soundtrack that
Miles did  in France for Louis Malle - (mostly improvs over a minor blues
progression, so  it sounds very 3rd and 4th position.)

To let you know what kind of a person Charlie is, we had been in a  Chet
Baker chat mode for a few months. From out of the blue, I received a letter
from Charlie w/a picture inside. He had stopped in Amsterdam and taken a
picture  of the memorial plaque outside the hotel where Chet was found dead
after  tumbling to the sidewalk.

I can't remember which more recent release of his was a blues CD. After a
few listenings I realized that it was a complete blues CD w/out one song
done in  that "shuffle" style.

As time goes on, more people will realize what a treasure Mr.Musselwhite
is.

In a message dated 4/21/2009 10:23:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,