Re: [Harp-L] new recording of "Over the Rainbow"

A nice version of the song. It does illustrate why I think it's almost impossible to play on a standard tuning diatonic. Personally I've never liked the compromises I had to make playing it first on a German major tuned 10 hole and then later on an SBS. You can get the notes kinda sorta but it never lays out comfortably. I've finally given up and play this tune on a Melody Maker tm in the key of F#, lowered version not higher. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this particular sond was the impetus for West Virginia Bob's foray into the world of chromatic harmonicas. fjm