[Harp-L] Legato bridge of "Over the Rainbow"

Vern neglects to mention that one must release the button (or release
pressure on his wonderful invention, the Hands Free Chromatic harmonica) to
achieve the legato aspect of this passage when he wrote:

A standard tuned chromatic can be very legato in the key of
C:
"Someday I'll wish upon a star" is E and G,  all blow.
"Wake up where the clouds are far"  is E# and G, all blow.
"Troubles melt like lemon drops" is E and G, all blow.
"Away above the chimney tops" is F# and A, all draw.

A standard tuned chromatic can also be very legato in the key of G:
"Someday I'll wish upon a star" is B and D,  all draw "Wake up where the
clouds are far"  is B# and D, all draw "Troubles melt like lemon drops" is B
and D, all draw "Away above the chimney tops" is C# and E, all blow

Not a breath reversal in there.....in either key!

Try it on your HFC...its smoooooth and easy.  It is arguably more lagato on
the HFC because the B#-to-D, C#-to-E, E#-to-G, and F#-to-A are single,
"diagonal," lip movements.
Maybe slide players won't understand that but y'all HFC
players will.    ;o)

Vern