Re: [Harp-L] losing air (nose) on blow notes

On 4/25/09, Abner Galdos <cdgaldos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Was this request lost in the internet world. for the past couple of days I'm
> reading on earplugs and not nose plugs..
> was there some kind of confusion. My advise was very dimwitted and I hope
> that Skip did not drown.
> Come on guys pitch in,,, I'm too new and too dumb to try and be the only one
> to give advice.

You can't use nose plugs, because you need to be able to lose some air
when you play, or else you'll run out of breath!

How can you play this without blowing out your nose on the blow
(2) (3) (4) 4 (4) (3)  (repeat forever!)

I'm not sure how to help you, but let me take a shot in the dark.

Instead of blowing, try saying "haaaaa"?  Also make sure you're
breathing from the chest.

And lastly, if that doesn't work, hire a private teacher for one or
two lessons.  I'm pretty sure someone on the list could give you a
recommendation.