  From: EGS1217@xxxxxxx
  To: cdgaldos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2009 7:07 PM
  Subject: Subject: RE: [Harp-L] proper mic technique Newbie needs help

  Hi Abner:  As a 'newbie' on diatonic as well (been playing chromatic thus far)  who has no real knowledge of amplification...I'm as new to all of this as you are.  I liked Ryan Hartt's video (have favourited it to revisit once I get my harps in).

  I just found this one by Dave Barrett addressing what might be your specific question as well.   Remember, everyone plays differently, all of our hands are unique to us....so figure out what works for you, feels comfortable but still gets the 'right' sound....i.e. the sound you want.

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3filiFZH8IQ

  ..for me, I still can't hold a diatonic in my left hand..it feels so much more natural in my right..so I'm already at a disadvantage with 90% of the tutorials out there and with MadCat's shaker mic (the feather weight one I've always wanted).  :(

  Elizabeth

  Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE with TaxACT.