Re: [Harp-L] Big River TV Promo

I did this production in Dearborn, MI about 14 years ago. The Director was open to unique ideas. I pitched him the idea of opening the show - curtains raised, dark stage, sound of lone harmonica improvising around the main theme, spotlight turns on following lone country dressed harmonica player as he strolls out of stage?right to center stage while playing, pauses, looks around himself, and begins the Overture - stage lights come on, band kicks in, fiddle and guitar player enter on either side of harmonica player, energy spikes as dancers enter stage from left, right and also come down the aisles past the audience onto the stage - and he loved it.

This is how we began the show every night for the two week run. Talk about fun and exciting. I even had a bit part as one of Huck's Boys - 2 speaking lines, too.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Paparozzi <Chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 8:50 am
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Big River TV Promo

Yes Adam Played on the national tour and so did Will Galison, on Broadway it was played the creator of the Harmonica Book the Late Don Brooks. Ofcourse many other productions since then around the country and maybe the world.?
?
I subbed for Donny on Broadway as well as Corrin Huddleston in the original run from 1985-87....tons of fun!?
best,?
Rob P?
?
----- Original Message ----- From: <randy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>?