Re: [Harp-L] Overbends and Tongue Blocking...

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Frank Evers <frank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Montag, 27. April 2009 schrieb Evan Porter:
>> I've read from a teacher somewhere that Tongue Blocking and
>> overbends/blows don't work well enough together to learn only
>> tongue blocking

Not true, I play everything, including OBs with tongue-block. I find
it much easier than pucker.

That said, when I was first learning to OB I used pucker as well as
tongue-block to "feel" my way around choking the reed. I recommend
doing anything you can to get that first choke, and once you get a
feel for it you can adapt it to any embouchure.

Cheers
Ric