Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci Blow-Off Reminder

Garry:
Jason's ALWAYS okay with this.  So were the individual artists..at  least
last year.

I recorded (actually DVD'd) for JR's Harp Blow-Off 2008,  quite a few of
the performances...as much as I was able to before my  camera ran out of
battery power, and/or I ran out of dvd's.

 I got quite a bit before that happened...but was trying to do it all
one-handed (my left arm was in a sling and no one seemed especially inclined to
help).
While in better shape this year, I'm still getting PT for my shoulder  so
can't manage heavy weights or doing it all 'solo'...(ever tried replacing a
fresh tape or dvd quickly while trying to keep the camera steady on a
tripod...using just teeth and one hand?..actually, knowing you, you  probably
have...it isn't easy) <G>

I asked MadCat for permission to tape him...unfortunately just as he said
'yes' with a smile, my last battery died. Now that was especially
frustrating...his set was wonderful. Perhaps someone else captured it?   LDMiller was
his 'helper' onstage.

I did get all of Winslow's wonderful performance (and both the audio  and
video was great...came out practically professional.)  (I'll  probably bring
Winslow's DVD's with me to SPAH for him)...Michael Peloquin;  Steve
Baker...some of the band ...I'm not sure who else (those are all I  remember at the
moment...since I'm STILL in the process of copying all of these  small dvd's
plus many others I took at SPAH itself onto full size DVD's for the
artists for their own use. But I can't possibly carry them all with  me.

I intend to send them out to everyone who participated... probably have
over 100 dvd's sitting on my table sans labels at the moment. It took having
to  purchase a new copy device to manage it...and with everything I've been
dealing  with this past year, I simply fell behind. Mea culpa.  ...had hoped
to at  least get them out before SPAH 2009...but ..'best laid plans of mice
and men  will gang awry'...

I will be at the blow off and then SPAH with my new camera, as many dvd's
as I can manage to carry at one time (unless someone offers to  help) ...and
hopefully with batteries charged...but ....how long can they  last?  ...is
the question.

Elizabeth
PS  I have some video from previous years as well, but need to edit  'junk'
out of them..voices talking in the background...camera left on taping the
floor, etc.

..don't have the ability to do that from these mini-dvd's...and my previous
 mini-dv camcorder.

I'd be very happy to send copies of every DVD to 'whomever' would like  to
get them up in the archives as long as they were willing to clean up the
extraneous material since I don't claim to have a clue how to do it.

Message: 14