Re: [Harp-L] Bends review

I bought some Bends "Juke" harps (in C, D and G) and the 16-hole
chromatic in Rio de Janeiro last year and the year before, and i'm
really satisfied with them. Well - the "Juke" harps needed some gapping
job done to suit my needs, especially the one in the key of G, and the G
also improved by some tuning work done on the 1 and 2 draw holes. Pretty
loud, a nice bright tone, i would buy them again. The 16 hole chromatic
harp is very serviceable with it's acrylic comb and all screws, has a
sweet tone, although it's not as loud - or better: has a softer attack -
compared to the Hohner chroms, even when attacked hard.
Nevertheless a good instrument, has a nice black finish (looks like
teflon), and i've been really positively surprised about the slide -
it's coated with something that makes it pretty airtight and silent.

Ah, and it's really fun to buy instruments in Rio de Janeiro! They even
know a customer when he comes back one year later!

:-)

Seeya,
Ralf