[Harp-L] West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit: WOW!

I was going to post a full review here, but I have grandson duty today and I have to get ready to leave on a trip to Oregon tomorrow, so I'm just going to say that this was one incredible show and Slideman Slim Heilpern deserves a huge thanks for setting it up.

We saw individual sets by each of the featured harmonicists plus the SF Jazz Harmonica Ensemble AND a grand finale featuring all the artists, including the incredible backup trio that accompanied the harpers. When I have time I'll post a more detailed report.
Since I can't go to SPAH this was one great consolation for me and I envy those of you who are going to the convention because I'm sure this was only a little taste of what'll happen in Sacramento.

So thanks to everyone involved in this great show, it was a true first for the West Coast AFAIK and well worth the 175-mile round trip! Cheers to all involved! Here's hoping it becomes an annual event!

Bob Loomis
SF Bay Harpers