[Harp-L] lips

Do any of you apply lip balm such as chap stick prior to playing.   Maybe a
cleaning of my harps once or twice a year may help. LOL.  Trying  that new
stuff Abreva will update as I am sure you all are curious about my lip
condition.

Pic

In a message dated 8/13/2009 1:17:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
leone@xxxxxxxx writes:

On  Aug 13, 2009, at 12:41 PM, Barry F. Cohen wrote:

> Based on some  discussion on The List regarding Country-Tuned Harps
> for  non-country songs (in particular Richard Hunter's comment that
>  he'd take a Country-Tuned C-harp if stuck on a deserted island with
> only one-harp!), I purchased a SP 20 Country-Tuned C harp and  am
> loving it!  Plan to use it on songs like Honky Tonk  Women, Route
> 66, Pride & Joy, and some other  'non-traditional blues' tunes my
> band does that I've been  searching for a better sound on.
>
> Who knew country-tuned wasn't  just for country?!  Yeeehaaaw!
>
> Thanks  List!
>
> Barry C.
>
> 'Blues with a feelin, that's  what I have today.'

Here's the harp you want. I came up with it in  1959. Took it to
Nashville in 75. From there it went international.  BUT it took
several years. Smokey Joe tuning. The 5th AND 9th draw  reeds are up
one semi tone and there's a wind saver on the 5 draw.  You can do a
whole lot with this tuning. I play jazz with  it.

smo-joe