Re: [Harp-L] Best Working Man's Harmonica Out of the Box

Here's my vote for NOT best gigging harp out of the box:  The Hering Vintage
1923.  I didn't like it at all.  I keep them for backup and hope I don't
have to use them.  Did I get a bad pair of harps?  Keys of A & D.

I found them stiff to play and very low volume.  They sounded dead.  Even my
guitar player noticed, and guitar players seldom notice anything about harp.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/