RE: [Harp-L] Re: How to play all scale tones on Diatonic Harp ?

You blow-bend the 10-b to get the b below the highest c.
Brad Trainham

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Opus314
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 3:12 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: How to play all scale tones on Diatonic Harp ?

Woops! Your right...  starting with the 9 hole... correcting the high end A
& B...

F=9D
G=9B
A=10D
B=how do you play this note.
C=10B

So you...
Bend the 2D (G) down a whole step to get the F below it... right?
Bend the 3D (B) down a whole step to get the A below it... right?

So how do you get the high end B?
- Is there a way to play the 10B to actually 'lower' the pitch by a half
step?
- or a way to play the 10D to raise the pitch a whole step?

I can bend all the lower draw notes a half step... but haven't tried to bend
the 2D & 3D a whole step... guess I got some work to do... and I haven't
practiced playing the 7B thru 10B to raise the pitch yet...

Thanks for any comments.