[Harp-L] The Randy Lippincott Band

I went out last night to the Mermaid Inn in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia to
see my friend Joey Simon playing with the Randy Lipppincott band. I met Joey
at our local pool and he invited me out to see him play. I figured he was
good because his band runs the open mic every Tuesday at Warmdaddy's in
Philadelphia. But as soon as I saw him I realized he was more than good. His
tone was amazing through an asatic mic and a BLues Junior. Then he started
laying acoustic in front of a vocal and I was amazed again. Then John
Colgan-Davis from the Dukes of Destiny joined then and John played amped and
Joey play acoustically and it was an amazing call and response harmonica
experience. Larry Hambrecht from the Blues Messengers also joined them and
it was a harmonica extravaganza. After the show Joey apologized for not
inviting me up but I thank him for ot making me play after those three. If
you have the opportnity to see the Randy Lippincott Band live or get there
CDs I would highly recommend them. THe whole band was amazing including
guest key board player from Australia Leo Joseph. A great night of music.

Derwood Blues