[Harp-L] More info on the Florida Harmonica Championships

I have been getting some questions on the Florida Harmonica Championships.  You can find more info at: http://www.myspace.com/floridaharmonicachamp

HarpGear has been a sponsor for the last 2 yrs and it is put on by Farley Palmer and Associates.  Last year RJ won for best technical player and Lindsey Mercer won the Championship.  Here is an excerpt from their page about the event yesterday.  (Note it mentions RJ is 23 but he is actually only 20.)

What a day!! 18 of the best harp players in the state came together at Beachside Tavern in New Smyrna Beach for a wild day of harp playing, beer drinking, and all around musical orgy...300+ attendees witnessed some amazing harmonica virtuosos doing their thing...Winner for Style was the all powerful Florida icon, Mike Galloway...he's played all over the world...and you can tell! Winner for Technical Ability was last years champion Lindsey Mercer...yes the buff man in the black hat had to step aside this year...but he didn't move over too far...the crowd was blown away by our Style winner...JW Gilmore from Jacksonville...we're talking gritty roots blues with a stage presence like Buddy Guy....the big prize went to RJ Harman...I don't know how a 23 year old player gets this good this fast...from stage performance to astounding harp licks this guy has it all...something tells me we'll be seeing a lot more of RJ in the years to come. Stay tuned...we'll have
 pics posted on this site soon....can't wait for next year!!