Re: Subject: [Harp-L] Convention FEEDBACK TIME! / Garden State News

Elizabeth,

Thank you for all of your kind words. Nothing is more pleasing and exciting
for me than to be doing something that truly warms my heart. The feedback
that I have been receiving since last week has been wonderful! I really do
love harmonicas and the people that play them. As a sales and marketing guy
for over 30 years it's nice to finally have something that I can be so
passionate about to sell. Let's face it, when I do my thing for SPAH or GSHC
I am a smile salesman! I measure my success in Sacramento by the ratio of
smiles to frowns. I could count the frowns on my fingers but the smiles
would take me hours with a calculator!

I must repeat something that I said last week. It was an incredible team
effort between The SPAH BOD, The Harmonicoots and many other volunteers that
made SPAH 2009 a success. I anticipate that the GSHC "Revival" Festival will
be a big success as well. Val & Phil along with their team of volunteers
have a lot of passion and desire to get things back in gear for their club.
I am honored that they have asked me to help in this effort.

Blurring the lines that shouldn't have been there in the first place. That
is my mission for sure. We who breathe across the reeds are in very special
company. We have much more than magnificent music to share with the world.
We have all tapped into a "fountain of life". This fountain is beyond
specific musical genres. Beyond young and old. Beyond male and female.
Beyond beginner and professional. Beyond diatonic and chromatic. Beyond
chord, tremolo and bass. Beyond bends and overblows. Beyond tongue block and
pucker. The music we make comes from a combination of love, compassion,
heart and soul. The world will be a better place if more come to drink and
bathe in our "fountain". Everyone is welcome. Clothing is optional.

WB
--
Warren "Bee" Bachman
SPAH & Garden State Harmonica Club Publicity Director