[Harp-L] Back Line Quandary (gear question)

Tom.

If it were me, i'd bring my own mic (and maybe a DI box if it is a hi- z mic) and i'd go into the board and talk with the sound tech ahead of time about how i wanted to be mixed and to be sure i got adequate stage sound through a monitor. No need to use the AFB if you're going into the board. Some may disagree, but i don't think it's a significant problem to get acceptable tone through a PA if you give the sound guy proper direction and use appropriate mic handling technique.

I'm certainly no expert, but i do have more than a little live performance experience in a variety of situations. Anyway, that's what i'd do instead of taking my chances playing through some house guitar amp. FWIW

Best regards,

JP