Re: [Harp-L] Does anyone know what's being done about Marine Bands???

Nicholas Lovett wrote:

> All of us guys who do the classic stuff depend on them. ...
> The tone keeps getting brighter, the wood continues to be unsealed,they
> need to be gapped, the price keeps going up, and what's worse is that many
> of us depend on them to make our sound.
> Is anything being done about this?

offhand, i'd guess no.  the situation you describe above is a veritable
recipe for "not gonna change".  the MB is what it is, people buy them
anyway, no real reason for hohner to change.  instead, they're investing
their effort in making better MB's, as others have mentioned.  sadly,
these better MB's are more expensive, but that's the way things work.

seems like you have two options (aside from just living with the status quo).
invest more money in the better MB's, or find a way to make your sound
with some other harp. there are a lot of really nice harps out there these
days.

--
We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give.
- Kathy Moser