[Harp-L] Subject: Re: Does anyone know what's being done about Marine Bands?

I think he has a third option, Garry.

Take it apart after buying a brand new MB...SEAL the comb thoroughly
(following all the free instructions available on the 'net - Dave Payne talks
people through how to do it), and then gap the instrument even just a little
to  suit his own playing style.

I don't play diatonics enough... yet, and even I can gap (carefully) my own
 instruments. It isn't difficult if you follow two principles: 1)go slow
and  2)check after each tiny gapping stroke. I learned the hard way early on
by  screwing up a couple of reeds, which ARE replaceable...so practicing on a
 'junker' is the intelligent way to go about it (as many here suggest).

Like Winslow, I'd also like to know exactly what is meant by 'it blew out'
after two hours.  I play/practice my harmonicas for hours at a time - and
still haven't done any major damage to any of 'em, and I'm not a wimpy
player  especially at home, but I do switch off from one harmonica to another
constantly.

Elizabeth

Message: 10