[Harp-L] delay or reverb

I'm coming in pretty late on this thread so I apologize if I'm repeating
stuff.  I've tried many different kinds of reverb pedals designed for
electric guitar and they don't really sound very good with harp to me.  I
prefer a digital delay to a reverb.  I can get many kinds of echo and reverb
effects from my Digitech Delay and the sound seems better suited to
harmonica.  I cover a couple of Little Walter songs where I need a good
sounding reverb; "Sad Hours" and "Mean Old World".  I get what I feel is a
perfect reverb from the Digidelay for these songs.  Also, the slap-back
needed to do Carlos Del Junco's "B-Thing" is easily dialed in on this pedal.
This pedal is really common and there are lots of them on sale on Ebay.

You should know, though, that for reasons which I'm not clear on, the
battery life when running a harp microphone into one of these pedals is
really short; about 3 hours.  It pays to get an AC adapter and use it
instead of a 9v battery.  And you should try to get a variable voltage
adapter from radio shack or some place like that.  You can then run the
pedal at 4 volts and get some really cool tones.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh