Re: [Harp-L] a summation

This sounds like the really old argument that a musician must decide
between playing jazz-blues-pop   and classical. When in truth, many of the younger
generation of musicians play and excel at both.
That's the general observation.

The specific observation is that Robert started out on the blues harp,
before his extensive formal training in the classical field. Furthermore, Robert
frequently plays blues harp for his encores at his classical performances.

The only thing preventing Robert from "cover(ing)   the works of the
Neville Brothers, George Clinton, and Jimmy Cliff" is time -- not talent, not the
ability to work in Another Genre -- the time to work up a program, just as
he does for his classical concerts. Judging by what I can see of his
schedule, Robert is probably too busy concertizing to make room in his schedule for
a side trip into these other genres.

Hope this helps clear up this matter
Phil Lloyd