Re: [Harp-L] Re: Playing while driving

I know I'm late on this thread, but I've been traveling for 2 weeks and missed it. I have to say that I commute 90 minutes a day on a busy but not crazy highway. And I play about 60 minutes out of that 90 minutes roundtrip commute. The trick is to drive for space, not for speed, so you can concentrate more on playing. I get into a groove, stick it in automatic pilot and stay away from other cars. But, once there I am playing everything. Working on songs, running scales, playing with CDs, trying different styles of music. If I see a cop, I put the harp down onto the steering wheel. I can't waste that much time in a car; it's too good an opportunity away from work, home and cell phones.

Peter (mostly a lurker) Lind