[Harp-L] Sky Blues (was Butterfield, What's My Line?)

Mick Zaklan wrote:
A long time ago, I picked up a blues album in the cut-outs by the "Sky Saxon Blues Band". This was basically a psychedelic rock band otherwise known as "The Seeds". They had a huge hit, "Pushing Too Hard", and decided to moonlight as a blues band. As I recall, Muddy was on the back cover quoted as saying something like, "these boys can really play". Well, believe me, this record (even at 99 cents) was one of the worst pieces of shit I ever heard. It quickly found the garbage can in my garage, though I suspect that Tom Ball may own a copy in his collection of oddities.
-------
I'm laughing here, Mick. You are spot-on. I remember this album vividly. "A Full Spoon of Seedy Blues" it was called. 1967. At that time I was a 16-year-old playing in the Yerba Buena Blues Band, and, seduced by the Muddy endorsement, I picked it up from the Mayfair Market for a buck. Was subsequently shocked to find they were even worse than we were -- and we stunk!

But I have no copy amongst my oddities. Although I tend to hang onto almost everything, this one became a instant frisbee, flung off the palisades cliffs onto the beachfront trailer-park below. I would sooner chew on a jumbo wad of aluminum foil than ever listen to that piece o' shite again.

cheers,
Tom Ball