Re: [Harp-L] Re: Butter TV spot

In my sometimes  humble opinion, the combination of Butterfield's tone and intensity, and that amazing vibrato, are what separates him from most any harp player I can think of. And, as I have said here many times, Better Days says it all. I never get tired of listening to that album. Next to that, I'd probably put the Woodstock album.  I didn't care for East-West and much of his later stuff.
  Maybe Howling Wolf is the only other player I think that could get that intense feel, but he wasn't known primarily as a harp player.
  Nothing wrong with not liking Butter's playing. Not everybody likes scotch,either, but a person can develop a taste :)
Steve Webb in Minnesota