Re: [Harp-L] Rice Miller's age

On Dec 21, 2009, at 6:46 PM, Tom Ball wrote:

I don't disagree, Joe.

Oh No Tom (having a ball), I'm not disputing either. I'm REALLY interested in this guy.

Just pointing out that when it comes to Sonny Boy, we'll probably never know for sure.

You said a mouthfull there.

And besides, when all is said and done, I reckon it doesn't really matter much...

I suppose not. But it's an awful lot of fun trying to dissect all the mystery around him. And he makes a good shill for it too. I mean, what a character.

what matters more are his amazing contributions to the worlds of harp and of blues.

Ya know something funny. I NEVER tire of listening to his stuff. I think his big plus was that his vocals were good. I liked his playing and vocal styles and the way he delivered them. He knew just where to place the harp, and his timing was impeccable.

cheers, TB