[Harp-L] FW: Chuck Gurney

From: mx714@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Chuck GurneyDate: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 21:45:33 -0500

I spoke to Chuck for the first time around the holidays. Shortly after,I sent him a vintage CM element in a JT-30 shell,with volume control. The volume control came from a previous Kevins Harps "crystal balls"mod. I felt that with the CM element,I was losing tone and volume,even with the control wid open. Chuck confirmed this-he removed and repaired the threaded hole for the mike stand in which the volume controlhad previously resided. He rewired and reparied the element,all this with a discount,and a turnaround time of 10 days from doorstep to doorstep.  I tested it at home through my Fender Bronco-first with a Bb Rupert Oysler Golden Melody,then a Bob MeehanC harp-it was stout to say the least!! But where this mic really took off was on my Low D and Super 270Deluxe Chromatic-WOW!! The low end is incredible-head and shoulders above what I sent out to Chuck. I took it out to the local blues jam Thursday,playing through a vinatge Gibson GA 40 previously owned by Dennis Gruenling-I had at least 10 positive comments about he tone and low end growl!! My thanks to Chuck Gurney-It's hard to find someone you can trust with this type of work-not to mentionat resonable prices,and a quick turnaorund time.  I have met a true freind in Chuck -and I'm greatful,especially in todays economy and tough financial times.

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009