RE: [Harp-L] About Kim Wilson on Today's Lesson

This doesn't have allot to do with the previous post with
this heading....Except it's about Kim Wilson... & I'm offering
out a YouTube link also.

It's Kim, doing "Five Long Years", in 3rd position, 16 hole chromatic, in Dm (of course...)

The Lesson is...I think he's one of the most under-rated blues chromatic players (meaning
stricktly 3rd position style playing)...when really, he has always been one of the very best.
& Maybe even the best I ever heard when it comes to the slow blues grooves. The spirit of
George Smith is alive and well within Kim's chromatic...plus allot of his own special magic.

Listen & see for your own pleasure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5SC6tkz5mw

~Donnie~
http://www.myspace.com/donniemortone  The William Clarke Tribute Site: http://www.angelfire.com/blues/williamclarke/index.html  MorTone Microphone:http://www.angelfire.com/music4/mortone/index.html> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 01:33:21 -0300> From: jargomed@xxxxxxx> To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [Harp-L] About Kim Wilson on Today's Lesson> > > I don't always have time to read all the posts within the harp-l digest > I get but thanks for the link, anyway maybe it's only me but I'm quite > impressed of what Kim Wilson does in the video and apparently nobody > mentioned it, technically speaking the double/triple tonguing he does > between 6:08 and 6:30 which I'm pretty sure he does it while tongue > blocking is something to try to learn and master. Kim gets the closest > I've heard to Little Walter on that (listen to Don't need no horse or > some rare recordings of Rollin' and tumblin' and even on Roller > coaster), I've been trying it myself for some time and even though I > seem to get the effect I still cannot get the rhythm steadiness yet, any > tip on that? I'm not trying to start back again the argument of tongue > blocking against lipping, I'm speaking of tongue blocking only.> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYNt3U8g0fY> > cheers,> Javier.> http://www.harpingmidi.com> _______________________________________________> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org> Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx> http://harp-l.org/mailman/listinfo/harp-l