[Harp-L] Re: About Kim Wilson on Today's Lesson

From: IcemanLE@xxxxxxx

I haven't rechecked this video, but I do remember that Kim uses that tongue switch technique during his performance - 3 holes in the mouth, tongue blocking middle hole and switching back and forth to let the outside holes alternate quickly. Holes 3 - 5 inhale works dramatically.

Hey Iceman (this is another Iceman I suppose), anyway not really that effect, double and triple tonguing is used on trumpet and saxophone for example, you articulate words like taka taka taka, or takada takada takada... etc... the thing is that doing it while puckering can be easy but while tongue blocking is quite a challende, at least to me, video between 6:08 and 6:30:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYNt3U8g0fY

cheers,
Javier aka diabluz.