[Harp-L] amps for newbie

DGilroy, you'll get tons of smart guidance on Harp-L as to specific amps, esp. when you decide on style, etc., but it's all bullpuckey unless you sit
down and plug in and blow on the amp you're considering, with it's
particular wiring, tube-set, speaker, etc.

As in wine, words
and opinons are aplenty, but each sip speaks differently to each
palate, and each player sounds different on each amp.

So pull a cork/plug your mic, and take a taste!

-Dave Fertig
Happy owner of a HG2 (30w), Bassman 59 RI (50w) ,  '63 Alamo Fiesta (4w) , etc. AND an AFB+!  And a wine cellar...

        [Harp-L] amps for newbie
         Thursday, February 5, 2009 9:21 AM

                dgilroy@xxxxxxxxx, I have seen a lot of good stuff regarding amps. Unfortunately, a lot of itis "greek" to me. I have been toying with the harmonica for years and now that I am over 50, finally getting serious. So, in a sense I am a newbie.
The good part is I can actually play the thing somewhat. I think I am ready for
an amp. My question to the group is, what is a good quality starter amp for
someone who isn't great but will be soon? I don't want to have to
rebuild the thing after I buy it. I'll get to that as I improve. This is a
great place to learn about amps once you get your feet wet. I need to get my
feet wet. Thanks in advance.

DGilroy