Re: [Harp-L] Charlie McCoy and the Nashville Number System

Hey Bob,

You noted:

This is coming from a guy that changed from a music major to a
history major
---This answers a question I had...wasn't Charlie
a music major in college? So, even though he changed majors, it would be safe to assume > that Charlie reads and has a pretty solid knowledge of music theory?
WVa Bob

Sorry about the confusion. I was talking about me ;-). I have a little understanding of how history is written because I was the idiot who thought he should change majors and get a "real job" - as an historian. What a brilliant move on my part!

I am finally figuring out that every real job I have had has been simply used to forward my ambition to spend all my time playing music. I am just bemusing the fact that I really went from the pan to the fire when I picked history because I really liked history and also considered following that field. Somehwere in between I turned out to be a little like a lot of harmonica players. I ended up with a good education in music (all the great harmonica players have that in some fashion) and a little bit of an historian on the side. What amazes me is how many harmonica players have that "historical" streak in them and have followed the careers of their favorite harp players very closely. I know a lot of working professionals in the studio and other high ends of the profession who really don't know a thing about music history.

Michael