Re: [Harp-L] St. Louis info, please

icemanle@aol wrote:

One of my students is making a business trip to St. Louis next week and
would like to know if there is anything blues harmonica friendly happening
next Wed night.

=================================
Iceman,

We've got a group of diatonic folks (JJsBluesJammers - the unofficial St.
Louis Diatonic Harmonica Club) that gather on the 1st Wed of the month at a
member's house for informal jamming and camaraderie.  Most of the open mics
are on Tuesday or Sunday - I don't know of any on a Wednesday.  You can
check the Riverfront Times and search their entertainment calendar for open
mics.  The list was quite extensive last time I checked, and there may be
some on Wednesday.  Also, you can check the St. Louis Blues Net
(www.stlouisblues.net) for any gigs happening in town that night.  You're
right, there is a good group of players (in addition to our club) that play
around town regularly: Sandy Weltman, Eric McSpadden, Arthur Williams,
Howard Young, etc. (sorry if I forgot anybody).  And the excellent Gateway
Harmonica Club for those more chromatically inclined.  A good harp town.

Fred S