Re: [Harp-L] Bends Tonica Chromatic Review

Chesper Nevins wrote:
Michael and Slim,

Here's a close up picture of the bends Tonica 14 hole.

http://www.slidemeister.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2518

This is probably nit picky. But it looks like the backplate has the
same kind of "tabs" the 270 has (over holes 2 and 13). Do you think
this will have to be filed down to be comfortable enough for regular
playing?
No, at least the one that I have (12-hole) is totally smooth, you can't feel a thing.
I'm also curious - the clear plastic combs on Hering Special 48s often
crack where the mouthpiece screws in. Is this a similar kind of
plastic, or is it much more substantial?
No idea, I don't have a special 48. The Bends website says the comb is "crystal acrylic" -- I don't know anything about acrylics, maybe someone else does...

http://www.bends.com.br/produtos/produtos.php?COD_SUBCATEGORIA=2&COD_PRODUTO=22

I played this harmonica on the gig last night and really enjoyed it. I'll probably stick with it for a while and see how it goes...

- Slim.
Thanks!