[Harp-L] Re: scary fast playing

I have done that on and off for effect for some time. I remember a time I sat in with a couple of guys up in lake Tahoe (they were from Reno). I hit a run with that method and they both looked over as if to say, "How the heck did he do that?"

The method works best with lip block because it leaves more room for air (imo), at least for me. To do this effectively, it also necessitates a well set up harp that is air efficient as well as very responsive. I find the fastest method for me is thinking of the oral cavity as the cylinder of an air pump and the tongue as a piston. The tongue can be used as a ram to move air very quickly... a skill my wife appreciates as well... :-O

The problem is that, unless you are more talented than I am, tone suffers, so I use it sparingly and only when most of the crowd is more drunk than I am..

              From Randy G.
      Live to Play  -  Play to Live
http://www.myspace.com/RandyGBlues
http://www.myspace.com/PhatBoyzBlue