[Harp-L] tube vibrato--the glories of the Vibro Champ

Got a chance to play harp through a 60's blackface vibra champ
vibrato--Steve the Space Animals amp guru was bored and built the circuit
into one of his handwhittled amps. Let me start off by saying I'm not a big
fan of amp vibratos and I was surprised Steve put one in his amp--he's
usually taking the circuit out. But man, the vibro champ circuit is
beautiful. I could feel it in my head when I played. Lush. Made the
chromatic sound like a Hammond Organ. Very cool. The diatonic had a nice
subtle effect--nothing like a throat or diaphragm vibrato but very organic.

For a nice explanation on the difference between vibrato and tremolo check
out this link:

http://www.vibroworld.com/magnatone/vibrato.html#techview

--
Rainbow Jimmy