Re: [Harp-L] Walter Horton Recommendations

Hi,
" Harmonica Kings" with Alfred Harris and " An offer you can't refuse".
Although both of these are compillations,
 Walter plays on half of the tunes. On "Harmonica Kings" he plays with Dixon
led rhythm section! Although
there are alternate takes,the playing is fantastic ..and "Hard hearted
woman"- thee version of this 1st position playing. I am not too keen on
Alfred Harris who fills up the rest of the album
On"Offer.." he plays with Robert Nighthawk - wow. Pure and raw, two guys
make so much music. You can hear the harp so clear. It is almost like under
a magnifying glass. The other half of the album is great too - early Paul
Butterfield!
I sincerely recommend.
Jukka Makinen