Re: [Harp-L] Ear Plugs

>What earplugs do you guys recommend for gigging? I need something more >effective than the little foam cylinders.

I have used a number of foam earplugs for motorcycling, but for music I carry a pair of "Hearos High Fidelity Ear Filters

I got them through Musician's Friend:
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hearos-High-Fidelity-Ear-Filters?sku=421214
These state that they give a flat attenuation across all frequencies, and it seems that is true.
I use these at some open mic jams where the stage houses two or three guitars, a harmonica player, and a bass, and I stand in front of the drums, under a 7 foot ceiling(!). It is really nice to take them out at the end of the set and have no after-effect head-hum.

The sound that comes through is a bit muffled, but you can hear the mix. The next step might be to find a local audiologist and spend the $$$ to get a custom fit set made for musicians.

From Randy G. Live to Play - Play to Live http://www.myspace.com/RandyGBlues http://www.myspace.com/PhatBoyzBlu