Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Ear Plugs

Haven't tried any for music...but I posted the following on the list  in
July, 2006.  Got a lot of thank you's and good feedback at SPAH that  year from a
few other people who went ahead and ordered the ones made for  musicians.
Perhaps they'll chime in?  I still use the plugs they sell for  flying (the only
way I can get on a plane).

Elizabeth

"Saturday, July 29, 2006

I've mentioned my ear problems on flights before...I lost my  hearing  for a
while subsequent to having both ear drums rupture after a  flight.  I'm
lucky...a terrific otolaryngologist saved  my  hearing.  Since my father had
rather
severe hearing loss as well,   that and ear pain have both been high on my
list
of concerns.  I've had  titanium tubes installed through my eardrums several
times over the  years..permitting me to fly...but they only last a couple  of

years.  I can't get on a plane without some sort of   protection...and not
wanting
to undergo yet another surgery, found this  company online for the last two
years' worth of flights and  have  managed to muddle along with the help of
these FliteMate ear plugs (the  ones available locally - EarPlanes didn't
help at
all).  Having to  order new ones for Denver, I noticed their inventory
includes ear plugs  for musicians and music lovers exposed to loud noise.  I
can
only  speak for the in-flight  plugs...they've made air travel possible for
me,
but the other types might be worth checking out for those so  inclined.

Elizabeth
_Click here:  FliteMates  Make Flying Less Painful and More Enjoyable... -

HearTech_ (_http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/flitnrr14.html_
(http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/flitnrr14.html) )

Rick...I found a page on my site showing the 'Alpine' ear plug  available
through the site (same link as yours) which seems to be  very reasonable cost
wise and effective for musicians.  Disclaimer: I  haven't yet used any of their
sound-blocking ear plugs, only the in-flight  ones.

Message: 13